1.0.3 December 30, 2018
- Added: setting (advanced) for more/less random variation in range of root.
- Added: new quicktips for Custom Form & Key Selection rows in Settings screen
- Added: help page buttons that have never been tapped “announce” themselves to user
- Added direct upgrade link to Info screen (free mode only)
- Added version number to Info screen
- Fixed: exiting Custom Form screen in the middle of editing left screen with tab bar hidden
- Fixed: current exercise was not properly reset on “factory reset”
- Fixed: bug in bookkeeping of which help pages had been viewed.
- Fixed: advanced settings section header no longer displayed when section is empty
1.0.2 December 8, 2018
- Added: ability to edit name/description in Exercise tab of currently shown folder.
- Fixed: page-up foot pedal disabled in rubato mode
- Fixed: foot taps disabled whenever tab bar is not visible
- Fixed: tempo/weight fadeout caused problems with quick consecutive tempo taps & weight adjustments
- Fixed: potential crash in rubato mode.
- Onboarding: eliminated some pages, reduced some text
1.0 December 6, 2018
- Disabled idle timer (auto display sleep) in all non-idle modes. Previously only in auto-advancing mode.
- Added folder descriptions to default folders.
- Fixed: Stochastic octave choice shouldn’t change for consecutive notes that are the same.
- Several other bug fixes
Beta 1.0.1(27) November 25, 2018
- Added a “clone” command to the options when you swipe right on an exercise in Exercise Tab.
- Added a slight stochastic element to note range selection
- Added advanced settings section
- Added folder description under folder name at top in Exercise tab.
- Subscription checking for beta users is now disabled by default
Beta 1.0.1(26) November 13, 2018
- Improved interface for moving exercises & folders.
- Improved horizontal layout of Key Selection screen
- Improved transposition pickers to highlight common transpositions
- Improved: Added disclosure indicators (chevrons) to exercise folders for clarity.
- Fixed: possible loop if pause pressed at exactly the wrong time during countoff.
- Fixed: tapping metronome-start in stop time mode could have the wrong effect.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
Beta 1.0.1(25) November 5, 2018
- Improved: When a root is being presented, the rounds counter (upper right) now indicates which round you’re performing (e.g. “6” means the 6th round) rather than the number you’ve already completed (e.g. 5 rounds completed).
- Fixed: 2 bar countoffs could loop indefinitely
- Fixed: Audio could occur during countoffs when user settings specified it shouldn’t.
- Improved: Compacted the design of Exercise Name & Description fields in editing exercise.
Beta 1.0.1(23) November 1, 2018
- For tempo 120 BMP & higher, root sounds during countoffs are now legato rather than short.
- Fixed the behavior when the toolbar replaces the tab bar in Edit mode of viewing exercises, and while moving exercises & folders.
- Fixed bug where incoming calls or invocation of Siri can cause app to crash.
- numerous other bug fixes and cosmetic & functional improvements.
Beta 1.0.1(18) October 18, 2018
- Various cosmetic improvements
- Reinstated subscription purchases. Note that in beta mode all purchases are free but of shortened duration. Yearlong purchases only last one hour, and they auto-renew a total of six times. So you’ll have to “repurchase” daily. (Apple mandates that – sorry.)
Beta 1.0.1(17) October 15, 2018
- New: Tapping tempo in settings now allows direct keyboard input of tempo.
- New: Shortcut in Practice screen for selecting keys & key weights: swipe right in middle of the screen (“READY” or a key name)
- New app icon.
- Improved glyphs for exercises and for adding exercises & adding folders.
Beta 1.0.1(16) October 6, 2018 (MAJOR UPDATE)
- New: Sequences of roots. Now you to have audio with exercises that follow chord progressions. Fully customizable.
- New: Built-in sample exercises now include ii-V’s, tritone subs, Coltrane changes, etc. For now, you’ll need to do Info > Reset to load these.
- Implemented: moving exercises and exercise folders from one folder to another.
- Numerous bug fixes.
Beta 1.0.1(15) September 24, 2018
- Improvement: Context-sensitive settings now appear/disappear in settings list with animation, for clarity.
- Improvement: Root sounds are staccato during countoffs.
- Fixed: Title of the first settings section (“Exercise Name”) now displays properly.
Beta 1.0.1(14) September 20, 2018
- Major restructuring of settings interface for clarity & ease:
- Clearly distinguish between global settings and exercise-specific settings.
- All settings of all exercises may be edited now from the Exercise list.
- Settings are now unified in one page with multiple sections.
- Shortcuts on Practice page (e.g. tap timer, tap counter, tap tempo) now bring up individual sections of the settings page.
Beta 1.0.1(13) September 2, 2018
- Addressed an issue where sometimes “Resume Tour” buttons did not appear during the guided tour.
Beta 1.0.1(12) August 30, 2018
- Implemented workaround for Apple’s shortening of free beta subscriptions, so that beta users don’t need to re-subscribe every few hours.
Beta 1.0.1(11) August 30, 2018 (MAJOR UPDATE)
- Implemented favorite exercises (for quick access to ones you’re currently working on)
- New visual indicator for exercises with multiple measures indicates the current measure as it progresses.
- Exercise/Favorites list: tapping on the current exercise brings you to practice mode (so tapping an exercise twice selects it and then brings you right to where you can practice it.)
- Exercises/Favorites list: Swiping left on an exercise/folder gives options to favorite & edit & delete.
- Exercises/Favorites list: Edit mode allows batch-selection of exercises & folders for favoriting & deleting.
- Implemented monthly/annual premium subscriptions (free to beta users).
- User now allowed to delete current exercise
- Pressing settings tab takes you to main settings page, not page last settings page visited
- Refined the design of exercise list view
- Added version number and subscription status to the About screen
- Numerous other fixes and improvements
Beta 1.0.1(8) August 2, 2018
- new interface for creation of exercises/folders
- reduced size of main tappable area on Practice screen area to separate it from other buttons
- relocated the mute/pause button that appears during manual advance
- fixed bug: new exercises could be created with same id as existing ones, resulting in multiple checkmarks indicating current exercise.
- expanded main listing of exercises & folders to make entire descriptions visible.
Beta 1.0.1(7) August 1, 2018
- Implemented QuickTip buttons, added them next to various UI items throughout
- redesigned onboarding backend, improved functionality
- fixed assorted bugs
- enlarged notes for iPad
- adjusted top line of display for small screens
- enhanced appearance of exercises/folders in list (gray count, red ✓)
- fixed assorted bugs
Beta 1.0.1(4) July 19, 2018
- addressed issues related to exercise management, introduced in previous version
- changed default sound to piano
- added ability to customize range of root sound
- made all menu type sizes dynamic
- layout changes to accommodate iPhone SE / 5 / 5s
- Improved onboarding
- added pitch range offset
- made pickers & alerts dismissable by tapping outside
- four bass sounds now available
- added UI for choosing between bass sounds